Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Went To Sin City!!



Okay. Not the real Sin City, but it was real close!

My new husband and I took a 2 day sabbatical to Atlantic City, New Jersey! We spent most of our time on the beach, but I have to tell ya! I don't see the big deal about gambling! A bit on that a little later...Anyways, we stayed at Bally's - cool pic huh? My husband did a great job catching the moon it the sky! It was a nice hotel.



When we first arrived, we headed straight for the beach. We came to Sammy's Beach Bar, and can you believe it? It belongs to Sammy Hagar! For those of you that don't remember him...


Yes! From Van Halen - when they were.

We stopped for a drink then the water was just calling out to us!



We walked along the beach, listening to the waves and splashing in the water. It was so warm, and the seagulls flying around was just refreshing!


Later that evening we spent some time on the boardwalk! Let me tell you, we did so much walking and still didn't make it to the other end!



Above these billboards, seagulls flew and looked like they were glowing. We didn't know what they were at first, and then I saw wings flapping! I'm such a bubblehead that I swore they shot the gulls up with some sort of drug to make them glow! We stopped and asked a kid cleaning an outside patio and he proceeded to tell us that they were just seagulls flying and the lights from the billboards just made them look like they were glowing! Haha! *slapsforehead* I'm sure he really thought I was an idiot! My husband still laughs to this day about it!



We loved the beach though and spent much of our time by the water. In the following pix, my husband does look a bit like he's had too much to drink, but he hadn't had anything! The flash was just too much for him lol.



At the other end of the beach was a pier, and it had this one ride that was like a slingshot! Yup, needless to say we didn't make it over there, and I wouldn't have been able to ride that ride without throwing up!


The Rides At Night - That blue stick had another one right next to it with a ball in the middle. It pulled the ball full of people down and let go just like a slingshot - BLAHHHH!


A better view of the slingshot.


Bally's West



The Saloon! Happy Hour 24 Hours Per Day!


As for the gambling??? I had no idea what I was doing. Burt and I sat at one of these slot machines, inserted money and pushed a button (max bet)....I watched the little pictures spin around and waited for fireworks! When nothing happened except for the pictures stopped spinning, I looked at my husband, "Really? This is it? People really sit here for hours and spend thousands of dollars on this?"

Of course I lost $60 and my husband won $200! 

The time came for us to head back home, and after only 2 days, we were ready to leave the busy-ness behind.


When we got home, we were so tired and couldn't wait to get to bed. I think we slept for a full 12 hours! It was fun, but I don't think I'll be ready to go back to "Sin City" anytime soon! 

Have you ever been to Atlantic City? Gambled?

No comments:

Post a Comment