Monday, July 30, 2012

Be Nice! My Mom Told Me To!


Do you remember back in the day, when you were little, and your mother was always saying things like:


  • Do unto others as you would have done to yourself
  • Don't fight - Use your words
  • Wait until you have kids of your own
  • I'm the boss, and the child always listens to the boss
  • Because I said so
Now do you remember? Yeah, I thought so. What I hate though is when those words come back to haunt you! Especially when you are raising your own children, and you catch yourself saying the very things your mother ALWAYS used to tell you!



I remember thinking that Mom was just crazy, saying those things! Why, as kids, we always doubt our parents? Why can't there be an automatic button, or a gene already instilled that let's us know our parents are always right?

Today I find myself telling my kids all the time, treat others like you would want to be treated because you just never know what may be going on in their life causing them to act like that. Be nice!

Not too long ago, my daughter told me, "When will I just learn that you're always right!"


Haha! Talk about jumping to the past! Of course I laughed, but I had to break down and tell her I had said the same thing to my own mother. Now only if my mother could have heard me admit to that one, she probably would have peed herself.

Now if only we can work on that "born-with" gene so that we already know OUR MOTHERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!

What do you remember your mother telling you as a child, that you swore you would never repeat, and do?


No comments:

Post a Comment